- The website uptimen.com;
- Our (mobile) applications;
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so. Think about the use of our services or the information we need to get in contact with you.
Information you provide to Uptimen
We collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. We require for example individuals who sign up for our Uptimen services account to provide a name, emailaddress and password.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you make use of our paid services (a subscription to a uptimen.com plan), we ask you to provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Credentials: Depending on the Uptimen services you use, you may provide us with credentials for your website (like SSH, FTP, and SFTP username and password).
Automatically information collection
As part of our Uptimen services, we collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Uptimen services.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Uptimen services. We use this information to provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Uptimen services, so we can make our services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address.
We use information in this way
Purposes for using the information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Uptimen services;
- To further develop and improve our services;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our services;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our services, protect the security of our services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Uptimen and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Uptimen we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Uptimen and our products; and
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How we share information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, SMS and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers) who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Uptimen, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to our site.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
There are several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services–for example, paid ones, may not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account, monitoring alerts and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Uptimen does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Uptimen’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of Uptimen’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our services (we don’t hope so), you can close your Uptimen.com account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in Information We Collect above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation, data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us